Thursday, May 5, 2011

Quick updates

Spending all of my time writing my stories is a double-edged sword.

On the one hand, building my worlds, and my characters, is a lot of fun.  But on the other hand, it feels like I am neglecting everything else.  Friends, family, social media, all go by the wayside when I decide to sit down and prose.

I suppose that's a good thing right?  I mean, this blog isn't necessarily a writing journal but you don't mind if I occasionally become introspective do you?

I'm sitting here with my muse music (Mudvayne if you're wondering), have my bottle of water and the door to my office is closed.  I am not alone, thats for sure.  The characters in my story are keeping me fast company, as I carry them through the stories in my mind.

It's not lonely, it's far from empty in this little room.  It is field with an epic scene, great battles, hero's and villains.  Overall - it's a very exciting time to be inside my head.

For now, I'll just give you some updates to the more business side of my journey to professional authorism...(authorship? Being an author!)

Outlines -
2 - Novel length stories for 1 series (YA Sci-Fi Fiction)
3 - Novel length stories for another series (UF)
4 - Short stories (YA Fantasy)

WIP -
1 - Novel for the (YA Sci-Fi)
1 - Short stories

Daily Activities -
1 - Twitter updates / reading (must learn, must stay informed)
20ish - Blog reads
1 - Blog update (this one) whenever I get a chance.


***

When you read about 'the pros' talking about their lack of time for writing you think to yourself "How silly." and then you look up and realize you've just caught up... to yesterday.  Not that bad until you realize it's Thursday and you need to wake up at 5am to toil for 'The Man'.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kevin,
    Just surfing by to see what you've been up to. Sounds like you're as busy as me! Your blog looks great too! Just letting you know that I've finally launched my blog. Please feel free to check it out:
    http://sharonledwith.blogspot.com
    In the meantime, keep working toward your dreams!
    Cheers, Sharon Ledwith

    ReplyDelete